The VIS music analysis framework.
VIS is a Python package that uses the music21 and pandas libraries to build a ridiculously flexible and preposterously easy system for writing computer music analysis programs.
- All source code is subject to the GNU AGPL 3.0 Licence. A copy of this licence is included as doc/apg-3.0.txt.
- All other content is subject to the CC-BY-SA Unported 3.0 Licence. A copy of this licence is included as doc/CC-BY-SA.txt
- All content in the test_corpus directory is subject to the licence in the file test_corpus/test_corpus_licence.txt
The VIS framework uses many software libraries to help with analysis. These are required dependencies:
- Python 2.7
- mock (for testing)
These are recommended dependencies:
- numexpr (improved performance for pandas)
- Bottleneck (improved performance for pandas)
- tables (HDF5 output for pandas)
- openpyxl (Excel output for pandas)
To cite the VIS Framework in publications use:
Antila, Christopher and Jamie Klassen. The VIS Framework for Music Analysis. Montréal: The ELVIS Project, 2013. URL https://github.com/ELVIS-Project/vis.
2 years, 3 months ago passed
.. image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/vis-framework/badge/?version=v3.0.5 :target: https://vis-framework.readthedocs.io/en/v3.0.5/?badge=v3.0.5 :alt: Documentation Status
<a href='https://vis-framework.readthedocs.io/en/v3.0.5/?badge=v3.0.5'> <img src='https://readthedocs.org/projects/vis-framework/badge/?version=v3.0.5' alt='Documentation Status' /> </a>
Project Privacy Level