Technical documentation lives here
Read the Docs simplifies software documentation by automating building, versioning, and hosting of your docs for you.
Free docs hosting
We will host your documentation for free forever. There are no tricks. We help tens of thousands of open source projects share their docs.
Whenever you push code to your favorite version control system, whether that is Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, or Subversion, we will automatically build your docs so your code and documentation are never out of sync.
Of course we build and host your docs for the web, but they are also vieweable as PDFs, as single page HTML, and for eReaders. No additional configuration is required.
We can host and build multiple versions of your docs so having a 1.0 version of your docs and a 2.0 version of your docs is as easy as having a separate branch or tag in your version control system.
Search all the docs
- bootstrap-datepicker (eternicode) (acrobat)
- Godot Engine Documentation (Akien) (StraToN) (gdquest) (mhilbrunner)
- packaging.python.org (dstufft) (ncoghlan) (qwcode) (di) (theacodes)
- requests (kennethreitz) (ewdurbin)
- Scrapy (kmike) (dangra) (pablohoffman) (Gallaecio) (eliasdorneles) (stummjr) (agustin)
- Solidity (chriseth) (axic)
Read the Docs is funded by the community
Read the Docs is community supported. It depends on users like you to contribute to development, support, and operations. You can learn more about how to contribute in our docs. Thanks so much to our wonderful community team who helps us run the site. Read the Docs wouldn't be possible without them.
Hosting for the project is graciously provided by Microsoft Azure.