Baruwa (swahili for letter or mail) is a web 2.0 MailScanner front-end.
It provides an easy to use interface for managing a MailScanner installation. It is used to perform operations such as releasing quarantined messages, spam learning, whitelisting and blacklisting addresses, monitoring the health of the services etc. Baruwa is implemented using web 2.0 features (AJAX) where deemed fit, graphing is also implemented on the client side using SVG, Silverlight or VML. Baruwa has full support for i18n, letting you support any language of your choosing.
It includes reporting functionality with an easy to use query builder, results can be displayed as message lists or graphed as colorful and pretty interactive graphs.
Custom MailScanner modules are provided to allow for logging of messages to the mysql database with SQLite as backup, managing whitelists and blacklists and managing per user spam check settings.
Baruwa is open source software, written in Python/Perl using the Django Framework and MySQL for storage, it is released under the GPLv2 and is available for free download.
- AJAX support for most operations
- Reporting with AJAX enabled query builder
- I18n support, allows use of multiple languages
- Mail queue management and reporting
- Interactive SVG graphs
- Emailed PDF reports
- Archiving of old message logs
- SQLite backup prevents data loss when MySQL is down
- MTA integration for relay domains and transports configuration
- Multi user profiles (No restrictions on username format)
- User profile aware white/blacklist management
- Ip / network addresses supported in white/blacklist manager
- Easy plug-in authentication to external authentication systems (POP3, IMAP, SMTP and RADIUS supported out of the box)
- Tools for housekeeping tasks (quarantine management, rule updates, quarantine notifications, etc)
- Easy clustering of multiple servers
Screenshots are on our Flickr page.
- Python >= 2.4
- Django >= 1.2
- MySQLdb >= 1.2.1p2
- Any Web server that can run Django (Apache/mod_wsgi recommended)
- Dojo toolkit >= 1.5.0
- UUID (python 2.4 only)
- A supported message broker (RabbitMQ recommended)
- Sphinx (Optional for building docs)
- Pyrad (Optional for RADIUS/RSA SECURID authentication)
Baruwa 1.0.x is not compatible with the 0.0.x versions and Mailwatch, as it uses a different database schema and its own MailScanner custom modules.
Baruwa is installed in the usual way:
python setup.py install
Binary packages for Ubuntu/Debian, Fedora and RHEL/CENTOS are also available for download
Documentation is included in the docs directory of the tar ball and can also be accessed online
Subscribe to the Baruwa mailing list
3 years, 11 months ago passed
.. image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/baruwa/badge/?version=latest :target: https://baruwa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/?badge=latest :alt: Documentation Status
<a href='https://baruwa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/?badge=latest'> <img src='https://readthedocs.org/projects/baruwa/badge/?version=latest' alt='Documentation Status' /> </a>
Project Privacy Level