django-nose provides all the goodness of nose in your Django tests, like:
- Testing just your apps by default, not all the standard ones that happen to be in INSTALLED_APPS
- Running the tests in one or more specific modules (or apps, or classes, or folders, or just running a specific test)
- Obviating the need to import all your tests into tests/__init__.py. This not only saves busy-work but also eliminates the possibility of accidentally shadowing test classes.
- Taking advantage of all the useful nose plugins
It also provides:
- Fixture bundling, an optional feature which speeds up your fixture-based tests by a factor of 4
- Reuse of previously created test DBs, cutting 10 seconds off startup time
- Hygienic TransactionTestCases, which can save you a DB flush per test
- Support for various databases. Tested with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. Others should work as well.
6 months, 2 weeks ago passed
.. image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/django-nose/badge/?version=latest :target: https://django-nose.readthedocs.io/en/latest/?badge=latest :alt: Documentation Status
<a href='https://django-nose.readthedocs.io/en/latest/?badge=latest'> <img src='https://readthedocs.org/projects/django-nose/badge/?version=latest' alt='Documentation Status' /> </a>
Project Privacy Level